Monday, March 5, 2007

Food Food and more Food..

Going back home is a FOOD Event. Before going back to KL, I usually prepare a list of all the food that needs to be savored. On the top of my list is always Hokkien Mee, Cantonese Mee, Fried Keow Teow and on and on.... Here are some highlights (so far) of my gastronomic delights.

Ok. So I didnt get to eat this big guy. But I did get to eat his much younger brother (suckling pig). The big guy cost RM600 ok!! His younger brother was much more succulent anyway. We bought a pair of suckling pigs for the 8th Day celebration in Petaling Street. Very yummies.


Whats a trip to Petaling Street without buying the famous 4-eye-boy roast duck. The duck-chopper looked vicious with a butchers knife.. and the fact that he never speaks to you.. not even look up at you to acknowledge you... The duck on the other hand was juicy inside and crisp on the outside... soo good.


Nasi Lemak is on my list.. just not very high on the list. I got a chance to eat this with beef rendang and sotong.. and fried egg. The kopi-o-ping was the perfect drink to go with it! Cool and Sweet versus Hot and Spicy.


This is the first on my list.. not just hokkien mee, but THE Hokkien Mee. This was in a shop near what used to be Bulatan Edinburgh in KL. Aiyor.. with extra chee yau chah summore. And the loh-mee was very good oso.. but sadly, thats not on my list. :P
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOHHH now I know why you were so busy...EATING! Al a bit rubbish...didn't get to meet with me. Ok ok ok... my workaholic self also to blame :P