Wednesday, May 30, 2007

C'est Paris


It's been a while I admit..but I am posting now nonetheless...

So this is where I am living now - the City of Lights (where commas are full stops, and yes the keyboards are weird..but the desserts are to die for!) And it's been both challenging and interesting at the same time - a life-changing privilege is what I consider it..on many levels.


This is the front of a 16th century (I think!) building I call home. This is where a French noble family, obviously associated to the royal family used to live. I have a small little studio flat, which used to be servants quarters back in the days.

But I am proud to call the landmark below my neighbour.
And I also just found out ex-President Chirac stays just a few doors down now!

However, thanks to notorious French Red Tape and their silly immigration rules which I still fail to understand, I am due to move soon...

Work's at a very nice area near Champs Elysee - Monceau where there is a park nearby. When the weather is good, that's where lunch is - as the Parisians do, in the sun..

I suppose I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves..have loads but I am a little impatient to wait for all of them to load....so I'll do my best. I hope everyone else is well....C'est tout..au revoir

~jian (in wet and cold Paris...at least in the last few days..the Frenchies say it is normally the case during Roland Garros)~



5 comments:

Biatchy Bunch said...

really nice pics jian!!
hope your move goes smoothly (judging by the number of bags you've got, are you hiring a van???)
x suannie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, great shot of the triangle. :) Where are you moving to?

/J

Anonymous said...

Thanks Suan - the camera's done wonders for me really. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to move my entire life packed up in these suitcases..

I try my best, Jan :). The night shot of the Louvre is one my most favourite too.
I have to move out of the vicinity of Paris, to the suburbs if you like. Still figuring out where exactly yet. At the rate things are going, I may end up having to move twice. Apparently the French authorities like to keep a tight leash on aliens like myself in their precious city...so the deal is I can work in Paris but just can't live in it...go figure huh?

So anyone up for a visit here? free lodging...
~jian~

Anonymous said...

Me me ... if only i have the money. i'll come visit you jian. I just bought a new camera yesterday at the computer fair in singapore. after being squashed by millions of ppl, and waiting like what seems like a concert line. I discovered i didn't like my camera when i got home. arrgggh. But I'll surely take some pictures anyhow.
esther

Biatchy Bunch said...

hey jian,
i want to get an SLR too!!! i love taking pics :)

Sorry I couldn't spend more time with you when you were in London last week. Work is such a BIATCH. I'll try to come visit over a weekend in Jul/August! How's that?
x suannie